Thursday, July 16, 2009

Looking for redemption at Berkeley, Jul 12

After my performance at Reno, I seriously wanted more, and wanted to do better. I went to Berkeley the next week while my memory was still fresh. And did some more studying, especially the bingos.

After so much bingo study, I finally got to play some of the words. ENDOSTEA and TENTORIA (won a challenge as well). I got a bye in one round, so, played only 5 games and ended on a somewhat satisfactory scoreline of 5-0. Berkeley seems to be turning out a lucky venue for me. Second win in 2 times, but the clean sweep was special. I took it one game at a time, and just played what I thought was my natural game. Also, improved on my challenges and word play. Did not arbitrarily play words that I thought might be good. I basically did not throw away my turns. Here are the games:

Game1

Game2

Game3

Game5

Game6

The 5-0 effort earned a 60pt rating jump -- more than I thought. That cheers me up for a bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment