Monday, October 19, 2009

Division 1 @ Mountain View - Oct 18

First time in Division1!!

My first three games were with Jerry Lerman, John Karris and Kevin Fraley -- lot of fun. :)

Ended up with 2-4, but my rating hasn't dropped a whole lot -- apparently that was what was expected of me. :)

Bingos played
QUANTILE, WATCHED, COASTERS, MIAOWED, ENSLAVER, MONGEESE, KNOCKED, ORIFICE, BONIFACE, TREADING, OBSERVED, TAILERS, ENTERAL, ANTSIER, LATINOS, CAGIEST, SHELVES, CRANIATE, SOLIDEST, GRITTED, COWERING

Words missed
CLONKED, HEMOCOEL, RESIDUAL, CREPONS, TEOPANS, PERSONATE, PENTOSAN, CAPSTONE, OUTBULK

Game 1 - John
John was still talking about my winning streak, and after a close victory, it continued.
bingos played - QUANTILE, WATCHED, COASTERS

Game 2 - Jerry
I gave Jerry a hard fight, was close. In hindsight, the ENALASE* try gave it away. Lost the game by 3 points after going out with a bingo.
bingos played - MIAOWED, ENSLAVER, MONGEESE, KNOCKED, ORIFICE
phonies - ENALASE* (challenged off)

Game 3 - Kevin
Kevin got a triple-triple down but I was not too far behind until he played another bingo towards the end and I missed my triple-triple of HEMOCOEL! That would have been something. But the triple-triple play was really awesome.
bingos played - BONIFACE, TREADING, OBSERVED, TAILERS, ENTERAL
phonies - URALIDES* (challenged off)

Game 4 - Alan
Missed some OUT words with two blanks!! Also missed a bunch of bingos at the beginning of the game.
bingos played - ANTSIER, LATINOS

Game 5 - Isaac
All my games were so far behind (probably because I had to set up my computer in between, and the recount of game2). But I was kind of stressed, and among other things that were lined up for after the games, I was pretty much switched off after game4. In this game, the PORGY move probably cost me the whole game!
bingos played - CAGIEST, SHELVES, CRANIATE

Game 6 - Paula
I was so switched off by now. I was just playing something randomly.
bingos played - SOLIDEST, GRITTED, COWERING

No comments:

Post a Comment